Image Interpretation – GI and GU: Computed Tomography Colonography (CTC)
This micro skills course considers the role of computed tomography colonography (CTC) in the imaging of the colon. Tips on equipment use, technique and reporting will be offered.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Radiographers
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe common reasons for referral for computed tomography colonography (CTC) for both symptomatic and screening patients
- Outline the importance of correct patient preparation for CTC examinations and the various bowel preparation regimes commonly used
- Describe the principles and practice of conducting an optimal CTC examination; including scanning protocols, parameters and dose
- Describe the limitations and pitfalls of CTC
- Identify common pathology of the colon as demonstrated on a CTC study
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.