Image Interpretation – Forensic Radiography: The Investigation of Unexplained Injury and Death
This micro skills course will provide an introduction to the application and provision of radiography and clinical imaging services to the investigation of unexplained and suspected non-accidental injury in children, the elderly and vulnerable adults.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the terms non-accidental injury and abuse or maltreatment of vulnerable individuals
- Outline the role of radiography in the investigation of non-accidental injury and sudden, unexpected death in infants
- Identify the personal and professional responsibility of radiography practitioners in the imaging of non-accidental injury in children and vulnerable individuals.
- Identify key legislation, publications and national recommendations relating to this area
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.