Image Interpretation – Abdominal Ultrasound: Spleen
This micro skills course considers ultrasound of the spleen. It will include an overview of normal anatomy as well as normal variants, common pathologies, focal lesions, and trauma. Tips on reporting will be offered.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Radiographers
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the equipment and patient positioning requirements for ultrasound imaging of the spleen
- Identify normal anatomy and normal variants of the spleen
- Recognise the ultrasound appearance of the most common pathologies
- Describe some limitations, pitfalls and tips when scanning the spleen
- Recall the indications and technique for contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) of the spleen
- Review our suggested management algorithms for focal splenic lesions
- Compare your reporting style with our suggested style
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.