Image Interpretation – Abdominal Ultrasound: Introduction and Image Optimisation
This micro skills course gives a broad overview of abdominal ultrasound. It will include equipment selection and usage, and advice on optimising technique. Tips on good report writing will be provided.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Radiographers
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the regional surface anatomy of the abdomen
- Plan an ultrasound examination and tailor it to the specific clinical question
- Position the patient in order to maximise examination quality
- Explain how the ultrasound image may be improved by changing the control settings
- Develop ultrasound reporting skills
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.