Image Intensification and Fluoroscopy
The micro skills course describes how fluoroscopy systems work and important factors affecting patient and staff radiation doses.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how image intensifiers and flat panel detectors are used to display x-ray images in real time
- Describe how dose control mechanisms are set up and used
- Explain factors that affect patient dose in fluoroscopy
- Describe how staff dose can be minimised
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.