“I’m Not Loveable Anymore” Discussing Intimacy in Advanced Illness
This micro skills course explores the concerns patients and their partners may have about intimacy and sex when approaching the end of life. It examines the challenges this raises for professionals and how most effectively to approach the topic.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the concerns patients with advanced illness and their partners may have regarding intimacy and sex
- Assess the most effective methods to raise the topic of intimacy and sex with patients and their partners
- Evaluate the communication methods needed to respond to concerns raised by patients and their partners regarding intimacy and sex
- Identify initial management options to help resolve concerns about intimacy and sex
- Identify useful sources of referral for more complicated problems relating to intimacy and sex at the end of life
- Assess your own confidence in talking about intimacy and sex with patients and their partners
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.