Identifying the Patients Goals and Priorities
In this micro skills course, you will look at different ways of identifying what a patients goals and priorities are, as part of the assessment process.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of assessing goals and priorities from a patient perspective
- Describe the importance of understanding goals and priorities from family or informal carer perspectives, and from a professional caring team perspective
- Identify ways of drawing out patient and family goals, and priorities of care
- Use an appropriate approach to dealing with unrealistic goals and priorities of care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.