Identifying Overweight and Obesity and Risk Factors for Weight Gain
This micro skills course looks at how to measure excess weight in children and adults, and discusses the causes of obesity including those that may present outside of lifestyle-related obesity.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how to assess obesity in adults and children, and how to interpret the results of these measurements
- Describe medical, genetic or drug-related causes of obesity
- Explain when tests for comorbidities should be considered
- Describe some common factors contributing to lifestyle-related obesity in adults and children
- Describe some common factors contributing to and promoting maintaining a healthy weight or preventing excess weight gain
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.