Identify and meet ethical responsibilities
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to identify and work within the legal and ethical frameworks that apply to an individual job role. This micro skills course applies to community services and health workers who play a proactive role in identifying and meeting their legal and ethical responsibilities.
What will I learn?
- Identify, access and interpret sources of information about the ethical responsibilities that apply to the work role
- Identify the scope and nature of own ethical responsibilities
- Meet ethical responsibilities according to workplace policies and protocols, and scope of role
- Recognise potential ethical issues and dilemmas, and discuss with an appropriate person
- Recognise own personal values and attitudes and take into account to ensure non-judgemental practice
- Use effective problem solving techniques when exposed to competing value systems
- Recognise unethical conduct and report to an appropriate person
- Recognise potential and actual conflicts of interest and take appropriate action
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
Identify and respond to legal requirements