Hypoxic Ischaemic Encephalopathy (Asphyxia)
This micro skills course shares links to a range of resources which, when implemented locally, could make a contribution to reducing brain injury during or after birth.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- The key findings and recommendations in relation to litigation claims for cerebral palsy;
- The role that leadership on the labour ward can make to ensuring safer care for women, their babies and families;
- The role that a ‘safety phrase’ can make in ensuring women are listened to and their concerns managed. Use of a safety phrase to initiate an immediate MDT response to genuine concerns regarding patient safety;
- The ‘Little Voice Inside’ videos which will enhance current methods of training in maternity and raise awareness of these issues across MDTs to ensure the learning remains at the forefront of clinical practice and to prevent cases of avoidable HIE;
- Up-to-date findings and recommendations from key national reports contributing to a reduction in asphyxia related harm
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.