Human Factors and Patient Safety in Primary Care
This micro skills course provides an overview of the field of human factors, including the human factors challenges in primary care. It also provides explanation of why improving patient safety requires us to consider human factors when designing healthcare systems.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Classify different kinds of human errors that occur in general practice
- Explain patient safety risks in general practice using the Swiss Cheese model
- Identify the error traps that result from limitations in the way the human brain works
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.