The aim of this micro skills course is to provide an overview of human factors and crew resource management.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:;
- Recognize variation and the human side of change within a system;
- Explain that enhanced clinical performance is achieved through an understanding of the effects of teamwork, tasks, equipment, workspace, culture, organization on human behaviour and abilities, and application of that knowledge in clinical settings;
- Explain the importance of human factors when designing or evaluating system safety or reliability;
- Develop a systems design to make it easy to do the right thing;
- Explain the features of effective teams and communication;Skills:;
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse a real critical incident from a human factors perspective;
- Perform one observation of where environment, equipment and other factors make it difficult to do the right thing;
- Describe common systems designs used in healthcare to improve reliability;
- Demonstrate improvement planning using a real critical incident
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.