How to Use Lasers and Other Optical Radiation Devices Safely
This micro skills course describes how to manage lasers and other optical radiation devices, offering guidance on how to ensure safe practice and outlining the actions to be taken in an emergency.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain how to manage the equipment, including how to set up and check a laser, IPL, LED or RF system prior to use;
- Identify the appropriate personal protection equipment for each system;
- Name the steps to take to ensure safe delivery of a treatment;
- Explain the actions to be taken in the event of an emergency, untoward event or ‘near miss’ and the reporting procedures
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.