How to Negotiate Decisions Which May be Difficult to Implement
This micro skills course considers how health and social care professionals can sensitively handle advance care planning (ACP) situations where needs, preferences and expectations are unrealistic or may not be achievable.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Specify factors which may contribute to the development of unrealistic patient wishes and preferences
- Recognise your own limitations and boundaries in handling this type of conversation
- Describe how to negotiate with the patient whose wishes and preferences may not be achievable
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.