How to do a Neonatal Contrast Enema
In this micro skills course you will be shown the basic technique for a neonatal contrast enema, including preparation, contrast selection and technical issues.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the indications for a neonatal contrast enema
- Describe the preparation required for a neonatal contrast enema
- Determine the radiographic factors required for this examination
- Select the appropriate contrast medium
- Differentiate between paediatric practice and adult techniques
- Recognise the complications and the limitations of the technique
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.