Host Response and Susceptibility
This micro skills course will provide an overview and background to the main host response factors involved in inflammatory periodontal disease, and how this may be modified in susceptible individuals. In addition, it will illustrate the role of immune system cells and periodontal tissues in healthy and in diseased states and their interaction with periodontal bacteria.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the factors which contribute to a susceptible host response
- Explain the hosts innate immune response to the plaque biofilm
- Describe the immunopathology of the host response in periodontitis
- Explain the contribution of genes to host susceptibility
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.