Hospital Social Work
This micro skills course will enable understanding about the history and diversity within the role of the hospital social worker and how it contributes to good end of life care (EoLC).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the role of social work developed in hospital from (Lady) Almoner to Medical Social Worker then onto the current hospital social worker and more specialised social work roles
- Recognise the role of social worker and specialist social worker in hospitals
- Identify the differences between the medical and social models of health/disability
- Describe the legislative framework encompassing hospital social work
- Detail how social workers work within the multidisciplinary team, and engage with the continuing health care and Mental Capacity Act processes
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.