Hospital Based Services for Young People
This micro skills course explores the needs of young people accessing hospital services. It examines young people friendly services and the advantages and disadvantages of adolescent inpatient wards.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the distinct needs of young people accessing hospital services
- Describe why young people find traditional hospital services difficult to access
- Identify the basic elements of young people friendly hospital services
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of adolescent inpatient wards
- Identify the strengths and areas for improvement of the service in which you work in relation to young people
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.