This micro skills course considers how to test for HIV in different clinical settings. Risk factors, how to conduct an in-depth pre-test discussion (PTD), frequency of HIV testing and indications for HIV testing are also covered.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the relevant risk factors for HIV for someone undergoing HIV testing;
- Identify individuals who would benefit from more in-depth pre-test discussion;
- List the indications for HIV testing;Explain the topics that should be covered in a pre-test discussion;
- Give an HIV test result, both negative and positive;
- Advise patients how often HIV testing should be performed
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.