HIV and Why Early Diagnosis Matters
This micro skills course will give an update on HIV in the UK. It will explain the clinical significance of late diagnosis – and discuss strategies to increase early diagnosis.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Outline key facts about HIV including routes of transmission and strategies for prevention
- Recognise the benefits of reducing undiagnosed HIV infection and describe the risks to health of late diagnosis
- Outline strategies for improving the diagnosis of people with asymptomatic HIV infection in the general practice context
- Describe strategies to establish, promote and increase HIV testing by the practice team
- Recognise possible primary HIV infection and be aware of how to confirm the diagnosis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.