This micro skills course covers the causes, investigation and management of hip pain in adults, and includes a discussion of the indications for referral and complications of total hip replacement.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the main differential diagnoses of hip pain in adults
- Apply the basic principles of history and examination of the painful hip
- Describe in detail the non-operative management of the painful hip
- Explain when and why to refer for a specialist opinion
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of hip replacement to a patient
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.