Herpes Virus Infections in the Immunocompromised
This micro skills course will detail the most important virus infections in solid organ transplant recipients, the sources of infection, their diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe which viruses cause the most severe infections
- Detail which viruses can be transmitted via the donated organ(s)
- Describe how these infections can be diagnosed
- Describe how infection can be prevented or made less severe
- Describe how these infections can be treated
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.