This micro skills course looks at the epidemiology of hearing loss and the impact it has on emotional behaviour. It will also cover the treatment and management of hearing impairment in school.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of hearing loss
- Explain the impact of different degrees and types of hearing loss
- Describe the emotional and behavioural impact of hearing loss
- Describe issues in identification and assessment of hearing problems including the school hearing screen
- Explain principles of treatment and management of hearing impairment in school
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.