Hearing Conservation and Noise Protection
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England describes the causes of Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) and provides an introduction to measuring noise dose. Following a brief guide to UK legislation, the micro skills course from NHS Health Education England discusses workplace strategies to protect hearing and some of the types of personal hearing protection available.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the basics of the Control of Noise at Work regulations;
- State the levels of noise that can damage hearing;
- Describe the concept of noise dose;
- List the solutions for protecting hearing;
- Summarise the characteristics of ear plugs and other types of noise protection;
- Explain the use of pure tone audiometry in monitoring
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.