Hearing Aid Selection and Prescriptive Formulae
The micro skills course from NHS Health Education England will identify the factors that influence hearing aid candidacy, the different modes of amplification and styles of hearing aids available. It will introduce bilateral hearing aid provision, discuss the concept of prescriptive fittings and compare the rationales behind different prescriptive formulae.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that need to be considered when deciding on hearing aid candidacy for an individual patient;
- Compare and contrast the different modes of amplification and styles of hearing aids available;
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of bilateral hearing aid fittings;
- List the advantages of using generic prescription formulas rather than a manufacturers’ proprietary prescription formula;
- Distinguish between normalising loudness and maximising speech intelligibility fitting rationales
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.