Hearing Aid Fitting
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England gives information on fitting digital hearing aids: how to prepare the room, assess the patient’s needs, adapt the prescription and advise the patient on what they should expect from their aid.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the key areas in the preparation of the room to enable good communication with the patient;
- Evaluate the patient’s individual needs and capabilities;
- Recognise what information is required to program and verify a hearing aid fitting;
- Identify ways to counsel patients to ensure good acclimatisation and realistic expectations of the hearing aid;
- Explain how to insert the earpiece, use the controls and maintain the aid
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.