Hearing Aid Features
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England details the physical components of a hearing aid and outlines how a hearing aid works. Hearing aid features such as the volume control, telecoil and direct audio input are also covered. By the end of this micro skills course from NHS Health Education England, you should be able to describe the basic workings of a hearing aid and be able to identify common features. You may find it helpful to have a number of different hearing aids, both analogue and digital, in front of you whilst completing this micro skills course from NHS Health Education England.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the components of a hearing aid
- Describe how a hearing aid works
- Identify common hearing aid features
- Recognise the function of a telecoil
- Describe the use of direct audio input
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.