Healthy Child Programme Model of Practice for Health Visitors
This micro skills course forms the first stage of providing the health visitor profession with a model of practice that you and families can use to guide your work together on the Healthy Child Programme. It will help you to structure and reflect upon your use of the HCP with families. The model of practice will also help to explain your work to other professionals, services and commissioners. This micro skills course covers the universal aspects of the HCP and does not look at practice with families with complex needs where the process of helping people to change is more intensive.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain how the five components of this model of practice for health visitors apply to your Healthy Child Programme work
- Identify the connections between this model and the science and craft of health visitor practice
- Identify three aspects of your current practice that are consistent with or challenged by this model of practice
- Identify three ways in which this model could extend your practice in delivering the Healthy Child Programme
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.