Health, Safety and Welfare Level 1
This course covers the statutory and mandatory training for Health, Safety and Welfare Level 1. It has been designed to meet the learning outcomes in the UK Core Skills Training Framework. The course consists of an e-learning micro skills course and an eAssessment. The eAssessment should be passed to demonstrate the required knowledge and understanding and to complete the training. To gain a certificate you will need to complete BOTH this micro skills course AND the eAssessment.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List ways your employer can consult with you about health and safety matters and how an organisation can commit to delivering services safely;
- Identify ways that are consistent with legislation, policies and procedures for maintaining own and others health and safety;
- Define the meaning of hazard, risk and risk assessment;
- Recognise common work place hazards (including: electricity, slips and trips, falls, chemicals and substances, stress, physical and verbal abuse, traffic routes, display screen equipment (DSE), workstations and the working environment);
- Identify how risks can be managed through balanced and appropriate preventive and protective measures;
- List how to apply and promote safe working practices specific to job roles and/or responsibilities and the actions you should take to ensure patient safety;
- Explain the importance of reporting health and safety concerns and the various ways of reporting
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.