Health Promotion in Pregnancy (Smoking) Part 1: Basic Principles
This micro skills course will examine attitudes towards smoking and the reasons why people smoke; the impact of sidestream smoke on non-smokers and the health effects of smoking on the fetus, neonate and infant.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the most common reasons why people smoke
- Outline the impact of sidestream smoke upon non-smokers
- Describe the prevalent attitudes held about sidestream smoke
- Outline the effects of smoking on the health and development of the fetus, neonate and infant
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.