Health Promotion in Clinical Consultations
This micro skills course will assist you in understanding the practical concepts relating to the promotion of health in adolescents in various settings.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise opportunities for health promotion in clinical settings
- Explain the role of clinical consultations in promoting changes of behaviour
- Promote immunisation in clinical consultations, particularly the HPV vaccine
- Know the child and adolescent vaccine schedule for the UK
- List four practical approaches that can be adopted to implement changes in behaviour
- List four approaches to be avoided
- Assess motivation to change
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.