Health Checks for Adults with Learning Disabilities
This micro skills course considers issues around introducing an extra service for a vulnerable patient group who have additional clinical needs, within a practice context.This micro skills course will also assist GPs providing annual health checks as part of the Directed Enhanced Service for people with learning disability, by enabling them to acquire the knowledge and skills required.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the rationale behind offering regular health checks to a practice population of adults with learning disabilities
- Describe how to deliver regular health checks, and what common clinical needs may be addressed as a result
- Define how to improve and refine outcomes for patient benefit
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.