Health and Well-being in Dementia Care
This micro-skills course will explore how to ensure health and well-being for people with dementia. It will look at ways to promote health and well-being, as well as ways to notice changes that might signify a decline in someone’s health.
What will I learn?
By the end of this micro-skills course you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of individuals with dementia maintaining good physical and mental health
- Discuss how you might anticipate and manage health conditions
- Explain how to recognise and manage pain in people with dementia
- Support individuals in undertaking psychosocial interventions and have an awareness of therapeutic work
- Discuss how family can be involved in the health and well-being of their relatives
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.