Health and Safety Legislation
This micro skills course examines significant health and safety legislation that governs people at work, and how this is translated into local policy. The emphasis of this micro skills course is on how healthcare staff have responsibilities in this area, and how they can demonstrate leadership by adhering to legislation and promoting safe practice.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify actions that can be taken to prevent adverse situations occurring, and create a positive outcome
- Examine – through case studies – the importance of adhering to the letter and spirit of legislation, and the implications of failing to do so
- Demonstrate leadership by adhering to – and promoting – health and safety legislation
- Demonstrate your contribution to leadership by identifying steps to ensure a safe working environment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.