Headache is an important and common health problem for children that may lead to school absence and educational underachievement. This session will introduce the common causes of headache, their presentation and the treatment options. This session will also help in better understanding of the impact of headache on child’s social and family life.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe different types of headache and their frequency in children
- Identify the warning features (red flags) of serious underlying diseases
- Describe presentations of migraine and other headaches in children including relationship to stress and emotional factors
- Assess the impact of headache on child’s education, social and family life
- Outline treatment options and prevention of headache and giving appropriate advice to child, family and teachers
This session uses self assessments that help you check what you have learnt. You do not have to use them and your answers are not seen by anyone else.
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.