Guidance and Policy for Young Peoples Health
This micro skills course introduces learners to key concepts in young peoples health.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Consider the importance of effective communication with young people in health care settings
- Evaluate the impact of adolescent development on communication, including the use of language and cognitive processing
- Adapt communication to the age and developmental stage of the young person
- Demonstrate critical awareness of basic communication skills with young people, including the use of verbal and non-verbal communication and the recognition of non-verbal cues
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.