Growth Charts and their Interpretation
This micro skills course is an introduction to growth charts, and includes information on how to plot measurements and when to become concerned about a child’s growth.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain how growth charts are constructed and why we now use the new UK-WHO charts
- Describe good practice in plotting measurements and know how to adjust for prematurity
- Explain how to take into account parents heights when estimating adult height
- Calculate body mass index to identify overweight and obesity
- Recognise when patterns of weight gain, height and head circumference are of concern
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.