Growth and Nutrition
This micro skills course covers assessing normal and abnormal growth, puberty and essential nutrition.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Interpret age and sex dependent height, weight and body mass index (BMI) charts;
- Describe growth changes at puberty;
- Interpret abnormal growth trends;
- Obesity including growing into your weight;
- Underweight and short stature;
- List essential nutrition and risk factors and nutrient deficiencies;
- Identify the uses and limitations of the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP)
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.