This micro skills course provides an overview of the common causes of genital ulceration, their diagnosis and basic management.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the common causes of genital ulceration;
- Describe the presentation and natural history of herpes and syphilis;
- Explain how to distinguish between the causes of genital ulceration using sexual history taking, clinical examination and/or investigation;
- Define the correct information to give to people with herpes including recognition of recurrence;
- Describe the basic management of herpes
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.