General Scoring Systems for Assessment of Injured Patients
This micro skills course will review the scoring systems used in evaluation of the injured patient.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Surgeons of England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of using scoring systems in the injured patient;
- Describe the broad types of scoring system used, and give specific examples of each type including some advantages and limitations;
- Calculate a patient’s:;
- Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS);
- Injury Severity Score (ISS);
- Revised Trauma Score (RTS);
- Show awareness of Trauma Audit and Research Network (TARN) and literature
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.