General Radiation Protection
The aim of this micro skills course is to provide a short introduction to the main methods of dose reduction used in radiation protection.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Radiographers
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify how time, distance and shielding can be used to reduce your radiation dose
- Quantify the dose reduction achieved by increasing distance from the source of radiation using the inverse square law
- Gain some knowledge of the principles of room design
- Identify when to use personal protective equipment and when it should be used for patients
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.