General Developmental Principles
This micro skills course is designed to build on the other Early Developmental Support micro skills courses. It provides a learning foundation for practitioners who are seeking to better understand or undertake a planned clinical support programme with babies and young children with developmental needs and disability and their parents. It supports the use of the Developmental Journals.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Outline how early development processes in babies and young children with developmental needs relate to their disability and the importance of early developmental support and promotion
- Explain vulnerable areas of development in children with disability-related developmental needs
- Describe the principles that promote developmental progress in the young child with developmental needs and disability
- Describe areas of vulnerability and concern, such as signs of possible intellectual or motor disability, or autism spectrum disorder and the appropriate response
- Consider how a service framework should best deliver early support to babies and young children with developmental needs and their parents
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.