Gaseous Exchange: Hyper- and Hypo-Baric Pressures
This micro skills course will introduce you to the physiological effects of altitude and the adaptations that occur with acclimatization. It also introduces the pathology and physiology of high pressure and decompression.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the scale and effects of low inspired oxygen partial pressure at altitude
- List the features of altitude related illness
- Describe the physiology and pathology of increased pressure during diving and hyperbaric therapy
- Describe the relevance of variation in ambient pressure to the anaesthetist
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.