Forensic Aspects of Burns
This micro skills course will explain why a burn injury may become part of a forensic investigation and explore the types of forensic evidence that a burns expert may be asked to provide in court.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain why a burn injury may become part of a forensic investigation;
- Describe the link between burn depth, temperature and duration of exposure;
- Describe how the presence of accelerant changes the pattern of a burn;
- Explain the role of the burns expert in forensic medicine
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.