Flash Visual Evoked Potentials
This micro skills course covers the underlying physiological changes measured by flash visual evoked potentials (Flash VEP), clinical indications for performing the test, how it is carried out and the interpretation of a Flash VEP report.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe which areas of the visual system are tested by the flash VEP
- Explain how the flash VEP complements other investigations in the clinical setting
- Recognise a normal flash VEP and how it might change with age
- Identify situations where the flash VEP is likely to make a useful contribution to clinical care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.