Fixed Orthodontic Appliances
Fixed appliances are permanently attached to the teeth and allow tooth movements in all planes of space. This micro skills course describes when and when not to use these appliances and explains the various main types of its components in use. There are several stages to fixed appliance treatment and these are also explained.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you should be able to:
- List the indications and contraindications of fixed orthodontic appliances
- Describe the types of fixed appliances in current use
- Identify the components of fixed appliances
- List the treatment stages in fixed appliance therapy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.