First Fit: Investigation and Management
This micro skills course reviews adult first fit presentations, including the characteristic features of different epileptic seizures, when to admit to hospital, anti-epileptic therapy and important information to give patients.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the common types of seizures and seizure mimics
- Specify a management strategy for patients presenting with a first fit
- Summarise the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) regulations for a patient presenting with a first fit
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.