Feeding Children with Development Difficulties
This micro skills course explores the difficulty children with neurological disabilities commonly encounter with feeding, together with associated problems that can result in growth failure and malnutrition-related multi-system complications. It covers assessment and management, which often involves a range of professionals including a dietitian, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist and paediatrician.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the types of problems children with developmental difficulties may have with feeding and how this in turn may adversely affect nutritional status
- Describe the commonly used interventions to address feeding problems, and the role of tube feeding
- Explain some of the practical aspects of gastrostomy insertion and management
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.