Factors Affecting Radiation Dose
The micro skills course describes how different exposure factors and techniques affect patient dose in general radiography, mammography and dental radiography. You will also discover practical methods for reducing radiation doses to patients and staff.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how the choice of exposure parameters affects patient radiation dose
- Recognise that high patient doses lead to high staff doses
- Apply practical measures to reduce staff doses
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.