Examples of Radiation Dose
This micro skills course aims to equip staff who work in areas where x-rays or radioactivity are used. It includes a guide to doses received during common radiological examinations in comparison to natural background, and the risks of radiation.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the variety of doses received for different exposures, and explain how these relate to natural background radiation and some everyday risks
- Describe the relative risk of stochastic and hereditary effects, and be aware that higher doses can cause deterministic effects
- Describe the relationship of radiation doses to gender and patient size and explain why this occurs
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.